We have taken the 1895 Marlin and turned it into a tack driving rifle. Accuracy tests have shown MOA groups at 100 yards. Our proprietary rebarreling technique results in no stress imparted to barrel by magazine tube. We use only Pac-Nor match grade barrels. They have a smooth, hand lapped interior that will not lead like factory barrels. We carefully thread, chamber, and crown these in our shop. Chamber throats are slightly freebored for chambering cast bullets. Mag tube is lengthened to be flush with muzzle. This equates to 6 rds. @ 18.5". Action is polished and trigger creep removed. Trigger pull set at 3-3.5#. A 1" Limbsaver or 1" Decelerator recoil pad is fitted to the stock. A choice of sights round out the package. Stock is glassbedded to receiver. Gun is refinished in a matte blue or beadblasted stainless. Every part of the gun is detail inspected for looks, fit, and function and corrective action taken as needed. This makes a great hunting rifle for most big game, especially with some of the new ammo available at the present time. This is our premier Marlin package and designed to be the best possible lever gun.
16 1/4"- 22" match grade stainless or CM barrel
Extended mag tube securely attached with silver soldered fittings
Polished action with trigger set to 3 - 3 1/2 lb.
1" Limbsaver or 1" Decelerator recoil pad at your specified LOP
Glassbed stock to receiver
Beaadblasted stainless or Matte blue finish
Sight options: rear- XS Ghost Ring, Williams or Lyman receiver sight, Williams WGRS sight. front- gold, fiber optic, or white bead, post style-black with serrations, post style-black with vertical white line. Custom dovetail front sight base at additional charge.
Aluminum or stainless magazine follower
Feeding verified with several different loads and adjusted as needed.
2. Engrave buffalo, longhorn cattle skull, or bear on side of receiver $50
3. Customer's name or initials engraved on side of receiver $35 Block letters, Add $15 for script letters
4. Install Mercury Recoil Reducer in stock $75.
5. Custom made solder on front sight base with nominal .375" dovetail $100
6. Ceracoat finish is available from $395. This is a baked on finish and the toughest out there to date. It is available in several colors and combinations. Price includes dissassembly, necessary polishing, shipping to cerakote processor, and reassembly. I only use Falcon Gun Finishing in MT for Cerakote. I have used them for years and can depend on getting back only a perfect job. Look up their website to see their color choices.
7. Install Marlin factory Big Loop lever on pistol grip stock guns only- $120
8. Bone charcoal colorcase Marlin receiver, lever, and hammer, polish blue remainder of gun- $795
10. Substitute DRC winged rear sight for standard XS sight on package- add $35- 1895 and .444 only
11. Other sights such as Skinner, Brockman, etc. can be used on request- inquire
12. Special engraving- POR
13. Custom made barrel mounted 2" long picatinny rail for micro dot or reflex sight mounting ahead of receiver. These are made from aluminum, EDM cut with a progressive taper on the bottom to exactly fit your barrel, sit parallel to the axis of the bore, and are attached with 4 torx head screws. Available only on an installed basis. Black or silver finish. I can vary the length and cross slot location to match your sight. 4" maximum length. POR
Package is also available on the 1894 Marlin .44 Magnum and .45 Colt, same specs as above except your choice of 16 1/4" - 20" barrel. Barrel twist rates are suited for heavy bullets. A .6"-.8" Decelerator pad is used on all 1894's. Price is $2295. Also available on the 1894 is a slightly heavier barrel contour. I call it a midweight. Installation will require recontour of the forearm barrel channel to fit. Extra $125 charge will apply.
BASIC MARLIN UPGRADE PACKAGE:
We start with a standard blue or stainless 1895 in .45-70 or .444 and cut and crown the barrel @ 16 1/4"- 22". Chamber is throated for cast bullets. Magazine tube is extended to be flush with the muzzle and reinstalled with our proprietary stress free process. Action job is performed and 1" Limbsaver or 1" Decelerator pad is installed at your LOP. Stock is glassbedded to receiver. Original magazine tube stud dovetail is filled. Your choice of sights from above are installed. All parts of the gun are detail inspected for looks, fit, and function and corrective action taken as needed. Guns is matte blued or beadblasted stainless. Aluminum magazine follower installed. Testfire. This package is designed to make the factory gun the best it can be. Most will shoot MOA or better.
Price:$995 on customer supplied gun.
Basic upgrade package also available for the 1894 .357, .44, & .45 Colt or 336 in .30-30 with same specs and pricing as above. A .6"or .8" Decelerator pad is used on all 1894's and 336's.
Rebarrel Marlin: Match grade barrel in feasible caliber is fitted and chambered. Factory sights installed and gun refinished as needed. Feeding is verified with several different loads and adjusted as needed. Rifle is test fired. $1295
Some of the non standard chambering available are .375 Win., .38-55, .356 Win., and .475/.45-70. Some require more work than standard rebarreling. Inquire for cost.
Occasionally I run across a Marlin that is plagued with problems and requires quiet a bit of time to correct them. An extra charge will be applied when this happens. I will notify you of this beforehand should this be the case with your gun.
2" picatinny rail on Marlin 1894
Suppressor ready 16 1/4" .44 Magnum 1894
Marlin details on guns in matte black and tungsten gray cerakote.
Special tuneup package for Marlin/Remington SBL guns only- Completely dissassemble gun, action job 3-3.5# creep free trigger, test feeding with several different ammos and adjust as needed, remove sharp edges on lever and action, beadblast to matte finish- stainless guns, reblue as needed on blue guns, refit and secure mag tube and forearm, deburr loading port, install alloy mag follower, recrown muzzle, throat and polish chamber, tighten barrel threads in receiver as needed, reassemble gun with screws loctited as needed, glassbed stock to receiver, smooth up outside of recoil pad as needed, & test fire. All of these I have done to date would shoot under MOA. $850
Misc. Services for Marlin rifles:
1. Install Limbsaver or Decelerator pad- $100 Includes cutting stock to proper LOP
2. Install extended magazine tube on blue or stainless gun- $200 includes relocating stud and filling unused dovetail in barrel. Barrel is reblued on blue guns. Longer mag spring is installed if needed.
3. Action job- $200 Inside of action and all internal parts are deburred and polished. Sear surfaces are ground to produce a clean breaking, creep free pull. Trigger pull is set to 3-3.5#. Feeding is checked with several types of ammo and adjusted if needed. Some guns will require more than usual work in getting them to feed properly. An extra charge may apply.
4. Glassbed stock to receiver- $60 Recommended for all .45/70 and .444 caliber guns
5. Shorten barrel- $200 Barrel is removed from action, shortened to desired length, recrowned in a lathe, blued if needed, and reinstalled. Front sight is reattached. Some guns will require shortening of the magazine tube. Price for these will be quoted on request.
6. Install aluminum or stainless mag follower to replace plastic part- $35
7. Beadblast stainless gun complete- $125
8. Reblue blue gun complete- $200 matte or factory equivalent polish
9. Sights- Call to discuss
10. Thread Marlin lever action barrel for suppressor:
Cut stainless barrel to 16 1/4", crown, and thread- $200 All threads are cut concentric with the bore to lessen the chance of a baffle strike.
Add $35 for blue barrels
Drill & tap holes for front sight- $25 each
Remove rear sight, add dovetail filler- $20
Shorten magazine assy.- 1895 or other model with stud attached mag tube- $100
Guns with barrel band at muzzle will need to be converted to a stud attached mag tube- $125
Silver solder stud in place- $35
Alter customer supplied suppressor adapter to fit barrel threads- $25 minimum, no titanium adapters
In order to maintain a sufficient wall thickness in the barrel under the thread and maintain a shoulder to seat the suppressor against, no deviation from the above barrel length will be considered. Finer pitch threads will be considered as long as the outside diameter of the threads is no smaller than shown above. To my knowledge, no industry standards exist for this, so I will try to work with you to come up with a solution that will work.
At this time, I can supply thread protectors on a limited basis.
Barrel is removed for this service. Please remove any scopes or dot sights before sending gun in. Stock can also be removed for easier shipping. Call with any questions.
Marlin 1895 with colorcased receiver and lever.
Clements Custom Guns 2766 Mt. Zion Rd. Woodlawn, VA 24381